Thursday, December 27, 2012

Disappearing Act

So besides the recent uptick, this year has proven to be filled with much less mini time. My full-time job of toting kids to school and activities has increased with volunteering at my oldest's school. And my part-time "pay the bills" night job used to be a manageable 15-20 hours a week, but since the summer has turned into 30-40 hours a week with no sign of slowing down. Needless to say, posting took a back burner, and the time I could carve out slowly went to working on my swaps. I'd start to make progress, but then couldn't stand the sight of the kids art supply table, so I'd get distracted organizing around the real house.

I am 95% finished with my long overdue swaps, but this rainy weather has made it impossible to finish painting the final pieces I'm working on. There are some pretty cool spray paint booths, but I cut up some boxes and taped them together, then strung an unbent wire hanger between the two. Voila, my own spray paint booth for free. I also made a makeshift drying booth, cutting notches out of another box and shoving a hanger in it. All of the chairs are hanging from dental floss on a hook for easy transferring between boxes.

Of course I proceeded to leave these out in the rain (not the chairs just the boxes) and now have a soggy cardboard mess. As soon as I get a break in the weather I'll be finishing painting and ready to FINALLY mail out my swaps. Sorry ladies, thanks for your patience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.