Friday, December 14, 2012

Faith

I have spent most of today trying not to cry in front of my kids, as I just can't find words to explain why mommy is sad.

A friend said it best today, "I don't have the answers to gun control, violence in America, mental health access and resources, etc. I will offer this - practice and teach compassion and humanity and kindness. It may help someone who desperately needs it."

I pray that something can be done to stop the senseless gun violence in America and the world. I've signed a lot of petitions and written to my representatives and hope we can work for change.

I thought I'd share a few things I found to lift my spirits today.
Here are a couple of links that will help you keep the faith
Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity
http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/pictures-that-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity

Sometimes, security cameras catch something totally different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXdyiPNfyBk

http://nedhardy.com/2012/08/13/a-few-pictures-to-restore-your-faith-in-humanity-16-pics/

6 comments:

  1. Hugs to you all at this sad time in USA again...so senseless. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a tragedy, so many little children!!!! I saw in the news that a Portuguese little boy was between the children that were saved by a professor, what touched me to see him and her mum. more deeply.
    hugs from Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter with the new baby is stunned, suddenly this life she made and encouraged each day is vulnerable to more than disease. Her bubble of safety was popped. As is all of ours. I am keepin it lite for those around me.

    Love your post. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. My iPad is acting up, and this message ended up at the wrong post, I am reposting it here.

    I am unable to watch or read the news today, it is too painful. Thank you for posting links to photos that demonstrate that love and goodness still do exist. It it gives me hope for our poor world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so hard to believe that these killings go on and on. Terrifying, saddening, mystifying. Our thought go to those bereaved and traumatised families.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel for you hon, I have to send my daughter back to kindergarten tommorow, I know there is good in this world but I am so terrified right now I can hardly stand it.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.